Best Wellington Boots For Walking
Unsure where to buy wellies that will stand up to the rigours of a UK winter?
One issue with many boots is that they're designed to be weatherproof but don't have the smooth, blister-free fit you'd expect from the best wellingtons.
Today we'll run through some of the features incorporated in our top-selling wellington boots and those all-important details that make them a world apart for walkers!
What To Look For In Great Wellies For Walking?
If, like us, you love nothing more than a wind-swept coastal hike or a ramble through the deepest darkest woodland, you know that there is no compromise when it comes to excellent footwear.
Merry People wellies aren't your standard walking boots.
From our innovative Enhanced Traction engineering to bright, bold colours that add a spring to your stride, we're all about durable, exceptional design that won't leave you limping.
Essential Walking Boot Properties
Here's what we consider the gold standard in any outdoor wellie boot created for the great outdoors:
- Beautiful design: stylish wellingtons that won't look out of place whether you're walking to work or nipping into your local for Sunday lunch.
- Authentic weather resistance: 100% waterproof materials, tested to keep your toes warm even in the wildest weather.
- Comfortable fit: rubbing and sore spots can deter even the most enthusiastic walker! We use flexible neoprene lining and arch support to promote long-term foot health.
- Enhanced Traction sole: mud, puddles, steep slopes and uneven pathways are no obstacle, with road-tested tread design to keep you on your toes (and nowhere else!).
Our boots are the ultimate accessory for the lifestyle walker, created to combat the worst conditions and handle even the roughest terrain with ease.
How To Choose Your Outdoor Walking Boots
Conventional rubber wellies aren't ideal for outdoor walks. The rigid boot builds up condensation (hello, soggy socks!) and provides little support for your ankles - vital for off-road walkers.
Hiking boots can work, but waterproof treatments gradually wear away, and the low profile won't save your calves from deep mud pockets or water.
Merry People was created to bridge functionality and fun with a perfect balance between practicality and comfort.
Choose the style, shape and boot height best suited to you, and you'll be ready to take on the elements!
We recommend boots with in-built arch support for multiple reasons:
- The shape is contoured to your foot, eliminating the ache of pressure points under your heel and ball.
- Supports spread that pressure across your arches, relieving soreness and discomfort.
- Our feet are the foundation of our whole bodies, and a lack of foot support can lead to a myriad of potential injuries, causing serious impacts to your knees, hips and back.
- Correctly fitting footwear can prevent countless issues and ailments, often caused by repeated impact or an imbalance of pressure.
If you love walking your dog, spending time outdoors or want to use foot power for an eco-friendly commute, we strongly advise you to pick a well-designed wellie to save your soles from pain.
The Benefit Of Vegan Walking Wellies
We recognise that many of our customers want a wellie that does more than just keep you dry but lives up to your ideals as well.
The more time you spend in nature, the more you appreciate the value it brings to our lives. We're committed to producing socially responsible footwear with zero animal products or testing.
All Merry People wellingtons adhere to our core standards of kindness, authenticity, happiness and adventure, so we take great care to source premium quality materials, crafting each pair of wellies from:
- Natural, waterproof rubber.
- Flexible neoprene linings.
- Vegan binding glues.
Our goal is to make walking a pleasure and protect your feet at every turn.
Looking After Your Walking Boots
Every pair of Merry People boots is built to last, and with a little bit of TLC, they'll keep going for years to come.
- Cleaning your boots with warm water or mild soap if the neoprene lining becomes mucky.
- Storing your wellies indoors and away from direct sun - strong, continued sunlight can cause the soft natural rubber to crack over time.
- Stuffing wet wellies with newspaper and leaving them upside down somewhere warm to allow them to dry out.
- Use a silicone spray regularly to prevent the rubber from showing chalky marks (a natural occurrence) or rub in a little olive oil to keep the material supple and fresh.
For further guidance about the best wellies for walking or to explore our range of quality outdoor boots, please visit the Merry People product pages, or get in touch for advice from the experts!